Data Governance is a subset of an overall data management strategy. We believe it is important enough and big enough in scope to stand on its own. As one of the most overlooked and undervalued of the data management disciplines, it is commonly mistaken for a project or a program instead of being viewed as a way of operating that is ideally second nature to a company's people and teams.
Data Governance functions like any other data management discipline in that its objective is to protect and maintain the integrity of a company's data assets.
Data governance is about ensuring the company has a shared understanding of each critical data object. For example, "Who is your customer?" If you are like many organizations, when everyone from the CEO down to each employee often has a different definition of who the customer is, everything from business process to data set up to data science and analytics follows suit. When the supporting data is unclear it is... well... unsupportive.
Dazmii Supported Data Governance Disciplines
- Data Object Identification
- Data Definition
- Data Use
- Data lineage and impact
- Data Sensitivity Classification
- Data Quality Rules – Business and Technical
- Data Standards
- Data Quality Process Design and Implementation
- Data Quality Monitoring and Dashboarding
In today's data-driven world, data governance has become a critical aspect of business success. Data governance refers to the set of policies, procedures, and practices that ensure the accuracy, completeness, and security of a company's data. Effective data governance is crucial for maintaining the integrity of a company's data assets and making informed decisions that drive growth and innovation.
One of the key ways that data governance helps maintain the integrity of a company's data assets is through people and processes using the data. When the data is trusted because it's accurate, complete, and available, organizations can accomplish more. This is because accurate data allows organizations to make informed decisions, identify trends, and gain insights that can help them stay ahead of the competition.
In addition, when people and teams understand their responsibility with regard to protecting the data, data becomes a company responsibility. This means treating data as a valuable asset and taking steps to safeguard it from unauthorized access or misuse. When data is treated as a company responsibility, everyone in the organization, from employees to executives, is accountable for maintaining the integrity of the data.
At Dazmii, we understand the critical role that data governance plays in achieving business success. Our team of experienced consultants has many combined decades of experience in data management across multiple industries and various data types ranging from master data to unstructured data to reference data. We are passionate about food manufacturing and consumer goods and are particularly strong in the end-to-end commercialization process and details. Our consultants can serve in whatever capacity you need, whether that means getting into the trenches or leading with your executive team. We are comfortable working at all levels of your company to provide the guidance and support you need to achieve your data management goals.
Our data governance services are designed to help organizations establish clear guidelines for how data is collected, managed, and shared. We start by conducting a thorough assessment of your existing data management practices to identify areas for improvement. Based on our findings, we develop a customized data governance plan that addresses your specific needs and objectives.
Our data governance services include:
1. Data Strategy Development: We work with you to develop a comprehensive data strategy that aligns with your business goals. This includes defining your data governance framework, identifying critical data assets, and establishing data quality standards.
2. Data Policy Development: We develop data policies that outline the rules and procedures for how data is collected, managed, and shared. These policies ensure that data is protected from unauthorized access or misuse and that data is accurate, complete, and available.
3. Data Quality Management: We implement data quality management processes to ensure that data is accurate, complete, and consistent across all systems and applications. This includes data profiling, data cleansing, and data enrichment.
4. Data Security Management: We implement data security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or misuse. This includes access controls, data encryption, and data masking.
5. Data Governance Training: We provide training to your employees and teams to ensure that they understand their responsibility with regard to protecting the data. This includes training on data governance policies and procedures, data quality management, and data security management.
At Dazmii, we are committed to helping our clients achieve their data management goals. We understand that effective data governance is crucial for maintaining the integrity of a company's data assets and making informed decisions that drive growth and innovation. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you succeed.
Ready to take control of your data?
Connect with us now.